The Daihmler County where the Blanchard family resides is a fictional place in Alabama, but some of the landmarks around town are based on real-life places. In THE BLANCHARD WITCHES series, the fictional town of Daihmler sits between the larger cities of Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. If you are familiar with this region in the south then you will understand when I explain that Daihmler is an amalgamation of the Cottondale, Coaling, Brookwood area. However, the characters in THE BLANCHARD WITCHES series do travel into Tuscaloosa and sometimes Birmingham from time to time. Having grown up in Tuscaloosa myself, I often reimagine my childhood landmarks as locations in my books. Especially since the Blanchards live in the general area where I grew up. Here are some examples for those who may be familiar with the central region of Alabama. In the first book THE BLANCHARD WITCHES OF DAIHMLER COUNTY , Yerby Park is actually based upon Tuscaloosa's Bowers Park. ...
Comments
Post a Comment