The Birth of The Blanchard Witches Book Series





The first book began twenty years ago when I wrote it as a stand alone book.  I never fully finished it and set it aside as life got in the way and my job and family took precedence.  But I never fully let go of my dream to finish the story and get published.

Then in 2018 after selling my business and my son being in elementary school I began wondering what I was going to do now.  That was when I pulled out my dusty writing from the file cabinet I hadn't opened in a decade and reread my Blanchard story.  I decided to finish it...only it wasn't finished with me.

The more I tried to wrap up the tale, the more ideas came to me.  I quickly realized THE BLANCHARD WITCHES OF DAIHMLER COUNTY was not "a book"...it was a series.  There was just far too much depth and texture to these people for them to fade away in one story.

Soon the first book was complete but my fingers would not stop typing their further escapades.  Within six more months the second book was complete.  Then months later I was staring at the third volume completed on my screen.

I self-published the first three books on my own and was thrilled when suddenly the reader reviews were great and people I'd never met began messaging me about how connected they felt to the Blanchard family.  I had fans and I was amazed.  Of course, doing this all on my own my audience reach was limited.  Then I was lucky enough to catch the attention of my now publicist David Carriere.  He did me the awesome favor of telling me everything I did wrong with promotion and the distribution mistakes I made as an inexperienced author.  However, he loved the story.  He loved the Blanchard family.  And he believed in them and in me.  With his guidance the first book has been repackaged professionally and relaunched March 22, 2022 to a much broader audience range than I could ever do on my own.  

With the first book in the series THE BLANCHARD WITCHES OF DAIHMLER COUNTY now released, the second in the series is scheduled to premiere in September 2022.  It is titled THE BLANCHARD WITCHES: PRODIGAL DAUGHTERS

In Spring of 2023 we will be releasing the third book, THE BLANCHARD WITCHES: STITCHES IN TIME.  Followed by book four, THE BLANCHARD WITCHES: THE HOUSE OF DUQUESNE at the end of 2023.  

I am currently finishing the fifth book in The Blanchard Witches series and hope to begin on the sixth by the end of this year.

It is my genuine hope that new readers will come to love and cherish this southern family of powerful beings as much as I do.  It is a story of a close southern family, bonded by humor, love, and loss.  The Blanchards have been through a lot in their lives and overcome their fair share of tragedy, but they hold themselves-- and sometimes the world--together with the most powerful magic of all...love.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Signing Event at Ernest and Hadley

A Little Blanchard Backstory...