Quinlan Castle in Birmingham (Blackie's House in The Second BLANCHARD WITCHES Book) is Torn Down
A long standing landmark in Birmingham, Alabama, Quinlan Castle has been demolished. Ever since I moved to Birmingham in 1997, I have been fascinated by the decades-abandoned structure sticking out on the rising mountainside overlooking Birmingham. Once I started writing THE BLANCHARD WITCHES OF DAIHMLER COUNTY , I knew about halfway through this was going to become a series and not simply a stand alone book. After I finished the book and began writing the second one, I knew Quinlan Castle was the only possible location for the home of the character Blackie D'Angelo. Blackie lived in Birmingham. She was a powerful and mysterious witch. What better setting for her residence than this medieval castle on the mountain? Quinlan was still standing when I wrote THE BLANCHARD WITCHES: PRODIGAL DAUGHTERS (book forthcoming at the end of 2022). I had hoped my stories might bring attention to the derelict building and maybe down the road s...

Comments
Post a Comment